Problems uploading in latest browsers

posted by simon on Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I think a lot of you might have run into this already, but it seems like TiddlySpot has a problem with newer browsers. If you download your site and work on it offline, you will probably find you can no longer upload it back to TiddlySpot. You can however continue to update, ie 'save to web', your TiddlySpot site while using it online. It's only the 'upload' functionality from a local file that's broken.

The reason (I think) is that newer browsers have tightened up the security rules on what is permitted from local files. The restriction prevents UploadPlugin from doing what it used to be able to do. The problem is not specific to TiddlySpot but would effect anyone using UploadPlugin to upload from a local TiddlyWiki to a server.

I'd love to find a work-around or fix for the current UploadPlugin issue. So if you can help with either of these then please let me know.

4 Comments:

Blogger Brent said...

It's possible that you might be able to get this to work by modifying the headers on the post.php script (or whatever URL the upload plugin is using), and adding the access-control-allow-origin header...

http://enable-cors.org

I've had problems with this and the latest browsers, but I'm not sure if it will work if the file is in a local context.

Sep 13, 2011, 2:27:00 PM  
Blogger Stefano said...

Hi I just sent an e-mail to support on this very problem prior to reading this blog post. I'm not a hardcore coder, so some of this stuff is kind of foreign to me, but I did find the following site and a possible solution for someone who actually understands it :)

http://jquery-howto.blogspot.com/2009/04/cross-domain-ajax-querying-with-jquery.html

I look forward to seeing if this is something that could be implemented to solve this solution.

regards,

Stefano

Sep 16, 2011, 1:46:00 AM  
Blogger Saph said...

I just upgraded my browser but I seem to have a different problem than the one described in the post.. my tiddlyspot just displays as plaintext ..
I know I have js enabled so that can't be the issue.. I don't know what is though.

Sep 25, 2011, 2:38:00 AM  
Anonymous indian domain names said...

I too have the same problem as Saph after upgrading the system..The entire set has been changed..Can anyone help us?

Dec 22, 2011, 2:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home